Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Blueberry Buckle
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29822 at 4:38 pm on Aug 27, 2017
* Exported from MasterCook *
Serving Size : 8
Categories : Breakfast/Brunch Cakes
Desserts Fruit Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Butter Or Margarine
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter Or Margarine
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Blueberries, Fresh Or Frozen -- well drained
Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 9" cake pan.
TOPPING: Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut or rub in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Set aside.
BATTER: Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In a large bowl cream together the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Alternately add the milk and flour mixture to the creamed mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Stir only enough to blend. Fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the topping over the batter and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Let the buckle cool for 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or spatula. Holding the cake pan in your left hand, gently tip the cake out onto your right hand, remove the pan, and gently right the cake onto a serving dish.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 361 Calories; 13g Fat (32.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 390mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 8:16pm on 08/26/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 9:11am on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 9:09am on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:32am on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:34am on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 4:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 4:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 4:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 4:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 2:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 10:42pm on 08/28/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 10:35am on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 4:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:29pm on 08/31/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:36am on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 2:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 2:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 4:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 4:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 4:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 4:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 4:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:45pm on 08/31/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 9:02pm on 08/31/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 5:43pm on 10/16/17