Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29822 at 8:42 pm on Aug 27, 2017
* Exported from MasterCook *
Blueberry-Carrot Picnic Cake
Recipe By :Bon Appetit
Serving Size : 10
Categories : Cakes Desserts
Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar -- firmly packed
4 Large Eggs
1 Cup Corn Oil
4 Medium Carrots, Peeled -- coarsely grated
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries, Or Frozen, Unthawed.
1 Cup Walnuts -- coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 10-cup bundt pan. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Combine both sugars in large bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time, whisking until smooth. Whisk in oil. Stir in carrots, blueberries and walnuts. Add dry ingredients and fold just until blended; do not over mix. (batter will be thick). Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Cool cake in pan on rack 20 minutes. Invert onto plate. Cool completely.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 496 Calories; 31g Fat (55.3% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 405mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
Serving Ideas : A great out-of-hand dessert.
NOTES : To serve plated, top with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream and fresh berries.
The blueberries tend to sink to the bottom.......maybe if a couple of tablespoons of the flour was sprinkled over the blueberries and tossed lightly before they were added to the batter, they wouldn't sink as much.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 12:16am on 08/27/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 1:11pm on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 1:09pm on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:32pm on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:34pm on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 8:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 8:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 8:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 8:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 6:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:42am on 08/29/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 2:35pm on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 8:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:29am on 09/01/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:36pm on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 6:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 6:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 8:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 8:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 8:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 8:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/01/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 1:02am on 09/01/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 9:43pm on 10/16/17