Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29822 at 2:27 pm on Aug 28, 2017
Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart
(Submitted by Chef Tad Delay of the Limestone Grille in Bloomington, IN. This recipe appears on page 60 of INDIANA COOKS! GREAT RESTAURANT RECIPES FOR THE HOME KITCHEN.)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup extra-fine sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, cubed and cold (1/2 cup)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 pints fresh blueberries
3 Tablespoons extra-fine sugar
1/4 cup creme de cassis
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 jars lemon curd* (See note below.)
Pastry: Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse grain. Add eggs and work them in with your hands until pastry starts to form a ball. Turn out pastry onto floured work area and knead four times only. Form into disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse blueberries and place in a medium mixing bowl with sugar and creme de cassis; toss and set aside. Whip cream by hand or with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Put lemon curd in a small bowl and whip to loosen it. Mix cream into lemon curd. Set aside and refrigerate.
To finish tart, roll pastry into a 16-inch diameter circle. Roll it onto rolling pin and drape over an 11-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Settle pastry into pan with fingers. Gently roll rolling pin across the top of the pan, cutting pastry. (Freeze extra pastry for future use.) Prick pastry in pan with fork.
Place pastry in oven and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.** (See Note below.) Remove from oven and cool on rack to room temperature.
Spread lemon cream mixture evenly across bottom of tart pan to about halfway up sides of pastry. Drain berries, and arrange berries evenly on top of cream filling, and serve.
Notes from Caryn:
*I used approximately 15 to 17 ounces of lemon curd.
**I put a piece of parchment paper over the top of the docked pastry which I covered with metal pastry weights and baked for 10 minutes. I then removed the paper & weights and baked an additional 5 minutes.
(Fresh mint sprigs and pansy blossoms look great on top of the finished tart as garnish. Caryn)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 8:16pm on 08/26/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 9:11am on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 9:09am on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:32am on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:34am on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 4:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 4:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 4:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 4:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 2:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 10:42pm on 08/28/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 10:35am on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 4:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:29pm on 08/31/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:36am on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 2:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 2:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 4:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 4:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 4:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 4:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 4:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:45pm on 08/31/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 9:02pm on 08/31/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 5:43pm on 10/16/17