Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Blueberry Kuchen
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29822 at 4:23 pm on Aug 28, 2017
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
Combine first 3 ingredients; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle vinegar evenly over surface; stir with a fork until all dry ingredients are moistened. (This can be done in a food processor.) Press pastry in bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon, mixing well. Stir in 2 cups blueberries; spread evenly over pastry.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1 cup blueberries evenly over top. Chill well before removing from pan. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Note: Frozen blueberries can be used for the 2 cups that are baked in the shell, but use fresh ones over the top when the kuchen comes out of the oven.
This freezes well. Just reheat frozen tort in a 250 degree oven until warm.
Notes: Excellent combination of baked and fresh blueberries!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 8:16pm on 08/26/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 9:11am on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 9:09am on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:32am on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:34am on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 4:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 4:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 4:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 4:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 2:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 10:42pm on 08/28/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 10:35am on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 4:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:29pm on 08/31/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:36am on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 2:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 2:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 4:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 4:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 4:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 4:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 4:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:45pm on 08/31/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 9:02pm on 08/31/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 5:43pm on 10/16/17