Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29822 at 4:26 pm on Aug 28, 2017
Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts
Servings: 20 tarts
3 ounces fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup unsalted butter, (1 stick)
1 cup flour
4 cups blueberries (freshs or frozen)
juice of 1 lemon
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 cup cold water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
Blend cream cheese and butter together. Work in flour. Shape into a ball and refridgerate up to one hour.
Shape 20-1" balls and place in tart pan. I use a tart shaper to shape my tarts or you can just press the dough up the pan. Set aside in refrigerator until filling is ready.
Place blueberries, lemon juice and sugar in medium sauce pan. Bring to a slow boil. When blueberries begin to cook mix in cornstarch mixed with cold water all the while stirring your mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Work flour, sugar and butter with fingers until resembles small crumbs. You won't use all this topping. I placed what was left over in the freezer for future use!
Preheat oven to 375.
Place blueberries in tarts, top with crumb topping. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust and topping start to brown.
Notes: Very good finger food dessert!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 8:16pm on 08/26/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 9:11am on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 9:09am on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:32am on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:34am on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 4:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 4:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 4:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 4:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 2:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 10:42pm on 08/28/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 10:35am on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 4:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:29pm on 08/31/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:36am on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 2:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 2:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 4:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 4:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 4:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 4:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 4:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:45pm on 08/31/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 9:02pm on 08/31/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 5:43pm on 10/16/17