Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Blueberry Dutch Baby
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29822 at 8:31 pm on Aug 28, 2017
Blueberry Dutch Baby
5 Tbsp butter, divided
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup blueberries
1 additional cup blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. water
Preheat the oven to 450 F, placing a large cast-iron skillet or pie plate in to heat with the oven. Do not spray pan. It will be buttered later.
Melt 3 Tbsp butter. Place in medium bowl.
Whisk the milk into the butter, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
Add the salt, cinnamon, and flour. Whisk to combine.
When the oven is hot, remove pan from oven and add the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter to the skillet, and let melt completely. Pour the batter into the center of the skillet, drop blueberries into the batter, then return to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. The top should puff up and turn golden.
While pancake is in oven, place 1 cup of blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until berries are softened. When pancake is removed from oven, cover top with the cooked blueberries and top with confectioners' sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Notes: Beautiful and Very good! Original recipe called for fresh blueberries on top of pancake when it comes out of oven, but the cooked berries add a little more berry flavor.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 12:16am on 08/27/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 1:11pm on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 1:09pm on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:32pm on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:34pm on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 8:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 8:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 8:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 8:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 6:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:42am on 08/29/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 2:35pm on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 8:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:29am on 09/01/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:36pm on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 6:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 6:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 8:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 8:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 8:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 8:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/01/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 1:02am on 09/01/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 9:43pm on 10/16/17