Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
That's pretty much my "go to" type of recipe. I also do the layer of mustard on the bottom
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29826 at 12:12 pm on Aug 29, 2017
of the crust like in the David Lebovitz recipe.
Also made Vivian Howard's recipe--she roasts some tomatoes and then layers some heirloom cherry tomatoes, roast tomatoes and sliced heirlooms with the cheese/mayo layer. It was delicious also--like almost ANY tomato pie!!
A caterer here sells tomato pies made with drained canned tomatoes and it is also delicious.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29826. Made my version of this tomato tart for dinner tonight... [LINK] - judy-mass - 12:15am on 08/29/17 (4)
- Lovely Judy! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:24am on 08/29/17
- Sounds good! I've been making this one regularly..good cold, warm or at room temp! [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 11:56am on 08/29/17
- That's pretty much my "go to" type of recipe. I also do the layer of mustard on the bottom - Charley - 12:12pm on 08/29/17
- I sometimes leave out the mayo and schmear the crust w/ honey mustard and top w/ gruyere [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:49pm on 08/29/17