Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Also, a simple congee porridge works well. Uses rice leftovers or you can make it from...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29827 at 4:00 pm on Aug 29, 2017
...uncooked rice -it just takes a little longer.
I bring chicken broth and a handful of washed, whole green onions to a boil and add rice. The amount of rice depends on how much broth you have, but you can always add more liquid if the congee gets too thick.
Cook at a simmer, stirring often to prevent sticking, until rice is silky soft -around 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Remove green onions. Add grated fresh ginger to taste, and add soy sauce and a dash of sesame oil. Adjust salt.
People love this. You can add shredded rotisserie chicken at the final stage and warm through. Garnish with finely chopped green onion to add color.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29827. What soup would you serve with Chinese Chicken Salad? - LisainLA - 3:46pm on 08/29/17 (7)
- We make this a lot. It's really good. Traca's Spicy Asian Chicken Soup. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:53pm on 08/29/17
- My 7 year old son's recipe for Egg Drop Soup. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:54pm on 08/29/17
- Also, a simple congee porridge works well. Uses rice leftovers or you can make it from... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:00pm on 08/29/17
- Tom Yum (shrimp) Thai soup. I used to be able to find a packaged base at - MarilynFL - 4:25pm on 08/29/17
- Blue Elephant Tom Yum info from a lurker - Rita in ILL - 6:45am on 09/01/17
- Thank you Rita! [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:37pm on 09/04/17
- Thanks for all the great suggestions. Now to choose.... [NT] - LisainLA - 4:14am on 08/30/17