Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Tom Yum (shrimp) Thai soup. I used to be able to find a packaged base at
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29827 at 4:25 pm on Aug 29, 2017
World Market...something like Blue Elephant. Added it to good homemade chicken broth, then drop raw shrimp into the hot broth and finish off with add-ins (like fresh Thai basil, lime & cilantro). Perfect every time.
Soba noodles are also good added to this; we like the darker buckwheat version.
Hopefully you have better sources than the culinary wasteland I'm in.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29827. What soup would you serve with Chinese Chicken Salad? - LisainLA - 3:46pm on 08/29/17 (7)
- We make this a lot. It's really good. Traca's Spicy Asian Chicken Soup. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:53pm on 08/29/17
- My 7 year old son's recipe for Egg Drop Soup. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:54pm on 08/29/17
- Also, a simple congee porridge works well. Uses rice leftovers or you can make it from... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:00pm on 08/29/17
- Tom Yum (shrimp) Thai soup. I used to be able to find a packaged base at - MarilynFL - 4:25pm on 08/29/17
- Blue Elephant Tom Yum info from a lurker - Rita in ILL - 6:45am on 09/01/17
- Thank you Rita! [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:37pm on 09/04/17
- Thanks for all the great suggestions. Now to choose.... [NT] - LisainLA - 4:14am on 08/30/17