Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29822 at 9:02 pm on Aug 31, 2017
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, in chunks
1 large egg, separated
2 tablespoons ice water, plus 1 teaspoon
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 lemon, zested
Pinch kosher salt
1 pint blueberries
To make the pastry, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt together in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until the dough resembles cornmeal. Add the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons ice water and pulse again until the dough pulls together. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Roll the dough up onto the pin and lay it inside a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough into the edges of the pan and fold the excess dough inside to reinforce the rim. Cover the tart pan with plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to rest.
To bake the shell, heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Put the tart pan on a baking sheet and prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Cover the shell with a piece of parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the parchment and weights. Lightly beat the egg white with 1 teaspoon water and brush it onto the bottom and sides of the tart shell; set aside to cool.
Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, cream, zest, and salt. Add the blueberries to the cooled tart shell and pour the filling over the blueberries. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The curd should jiggle slightly when done. Cool to room temperature, remove from the tart ring, and serve.
Source: Tyler Florence
Pat's note: Yummy. I also dusted with powdered sugar before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 8:16pm on 08/26/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 9:11am on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 9:09am on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:32am on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:34am on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 4:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 4:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 4:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 4:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 1:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 2:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 10:42pm on 08/28/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 10:35am on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 4:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:29pm on 08/31/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 10:36am on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 2:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 2:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 4:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 4:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 4:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 4:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 4:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:45pm on 08/31/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 9:02pm on 08/31/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 5:43pm on 10/16/17