Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
There are so many good onion soup recipes, some simple and easy, others very work intensive.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29841 at 11:30 am on Sep 7, 2017
I love the ones I have made with homemade beef stock. They seem richer, more complex. I do not agree with browning the onions until they are so dark and very sweet. I like them more on the golden side. Onion soup is really a matter of preference. I have made the following, and loved it. I have also made simpler versions, in summer and loved them as well. This one from Serious Eats is a serious soup. You can make the beef stock several days ahead and even the onions can be done ahead. I like the tutorial way the recipe is explained, and how to go about every detail. Long, but a learning experience, if you want that. A fun project, to say the least.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29841. Looking for an onion soup recipe. Months ago I saw one on the internet. Looked really good but I - CynUpstateNY - 10:07am on 09/07/17 (9)
- Maybe this one from PBS. I love Julia's the best but not baked. - Charley - 11:06am on 09/07/17
- There are so many good onion soup recipes, some simple and easy, others very work intensive. [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 11:30am on 09/07/17
- I found a hack for quick beef broth that I really like. It's from... - Michael in Phoenix - 11:52am on 09/07/17
- Would that be broth or consomme.... [NT] - MoNJ - 2:20pm on 09/07/17
- Ha! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:37pm on 09/07/17
- Definitely trying this, Michael! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:34pm on 09/07/17
- Mary Ann Esposito Recipe - Roasted Onion Soup could this be it CynUpstate [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 1:23pm on 09/07/17
- Maybe you're recalling this thread involving oven browning and Julia's recipe? [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 2:17pm on 09/07/17
- My sister found it. It was Nigel Slater. Thank you all! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:35pm on 09/07/17