Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Milk Bars Fudge Sauce
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29844 at 6:35 pm on Sep 7, 2017
So good. Will be one of my holiday gifts this year.
Makes about ½ cup (well I think it makes a bit more)
1 once 72 percent chocolate, chopped (I used 70%)
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, preferably Valrhona
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup glucose
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1) Combine the chocolate, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl
2) Combine the glucose, sugar, and heavy cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir intermittently while bringing to a boil over high heat. The moment it boils pour in into the bowl holding the chocolate. Let sit for 1 full minute.
3) Slowly, slowly begin to whisk the mixture. Then continue, increasing the vigor of your whisking every 30 seconds, until the mixture is glossy and silky-smooth. This will take 2 to 4 minutes, depending on your speed and strength (mine level is wimp). You can use the sauce at this point or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks; do not freeze.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29844. Milk Bars Fudge Sauce - deb-in-MI - 6:35pm on 09/07/17 (1)
- I love playing with fudge sauces... - Richard in Cincy - 3:17am on 09/11/17