Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Richard or other Fruit Cake Mavens: Do I need to constantly baste my fruitcakes with booze?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29849 at 12:05 pm on Sep 9, 2017
I made two batches: one in June and another in July; baptized them in a blend of brandy and B&B, then wrapped in Saran, then sealed in Tupperware.
I'm actually not that fond of boozy tastes so I'd "prefer" not to keep dousing it. But I also don't want to ruin a delicious and not inexpensive dessert by having it go moldy if I don't add more alcohol when I'm supposed to.
Advise is needed!
PS: This is assuming I still have a house left to go back to.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29849. Richard or other Fruit Cake Mavens: Do I need to constantly baste my fruitcakes with booze? - MarilynFL - 12:05pm on 09/09/17 (4)
- I sprinkle mine with some booze - judy-mass - 1:00pm on 09/09/17
- I bought one of the venerable Collin Street Bakery's fruitcakes - Melissa Dallas - 1:21pm on 09/09/17
- Yes, you do need to keep applying the booze... - Richard in Cincy - 2:13am on 09/11/17
- Just read this now. Thanks for the expert advise. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:56pm on 09/16/17