Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I sprinkle mine with some booze
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29849 at 9:00 am on Sep 9, 2017
every couple of months, just to keep the cheesecloth moist.
I'm not sure what would happen if you used something like apple juice once in a while, just to cut down on the boozy factor. The alcohol probably helps keep it preserved from spoilage, where fruit juice might do the opposite.
Richard, or Cathy... thoughts?
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29849. Richard or other Fruit Cake Mavens: Do I need to constantly baste my fruitcakes with booze? - MarilynFL - 8:05am on 09/09/17 (4)
- I sprinkle mine with some booze - judy-mass - 9:00am on 09/09/17
- I bought one of the venerable Collin Street Bakery's fruitcakes - Melissa Dallas - 9:21am on 09/09/17
- Yes, you do need to keep applying the booze... - Richard in Cincy - 10:13pm on 09/10/17
- Just read this now. Thanks for the expert advise. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:56pm on 09/16/17