Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I bought one of the venerable Collin Street Bakery's fruitcakes
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29849 at 9:21 am on Sep 9, 2017
some months ago. After cutting a slice, I couldn't mamage taking it out of the tin & paper, so took cheesecloth & placed over the top of the cake & in the center hole, then poured on the brandy. I went overboard and ended up with sticky booze oozing out of the bottom seam of the tin.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29849. Richard or other Fruit Cake Mavens: Do I need to constantly baste my fruitcakes with booze? - MarilynFL - 8:05am on 09/09/17 (4)
- I sprinkle mine with some booze - judy-mass - 9:00am on 09/09/17
- I bought one of the venerable Collin Street Bakery's fruitcakes - Melissa Dallas - 9:21am on 09/09/17
- Yes, you do need to keep applying the booze... - Richard in Cincy - 10:13pm on 09/10/17
- Just read this now. Thanks for the expert advise. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:56pm on 09/16/17