Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Yes, you do need to keep applying the booze...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29849 at 10:13 pm on Sep 10, 2017
This is how some of us fruitcake nuts get cakes to go 7-12-20 years.
The alcohol is the preservative and it also mellows it out. Choose the booze you like. You can use any. Whisky, Scotch, Bourbon, Cognac, etc. You're just sprinkling it on to keep the cheesecloth moist and not dousing the cake with it. While the aroma of the booze is there, it's not really a tipsy cake that you would get a buzz on.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29849. Richard or other Fruit Cake Mavens: Do I need to constantly baste my fruitcakes with booze? - MarilynFL - 8:05am on 09/09/17 (4)
- I sprinkle mine with some booze - judy-mass - 9:00am on 09/09/17
- I bought one of the venerable Collin Street Bakery's fruitcakes - Melissa Dallas - 9:21am on 09/09/17
- Yes, you do need to keep applying the booze... - Richard in Cincy - 10:13pm on 09/10/17
- Just read this now. Thanks for the expert advise. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:56pm on 09/16/17