Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
These are good.... Savoury Shortbread
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29854 at 6:49 am on Sep 13, 2017
Savoury Shortbread (A Chatelaine Recipe)
3/4 c unsalted butter, at room temp.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/2 c grated old cheddar cheese
1 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp. hot red chili flakes or canned diced jalepeno peppers
Place butter, salt and mustard in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Whirl unti just combined. Add cheese and whirl just until mixed. Gradually add flour and chili flakes to mixture and pulse just until mixed.
Do not overmix. Preheat oven to 350F. Meanwhile, pinch of pieces of dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets, about 1 1/2" apart. Press each cookie down slightly with bottom of a glass until about 1/2" thick for cakey shortbread or 1/4" for crisp. Bake in centre of oven until lightly golden, from 14-16 min.. Cool on rack.
Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 weeks. Makes 4 doz. cookies.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29854. Here's another request - I am looking for a recipe for Peppery Cheddar coins that was in the old - elaine - 11:07am on 09/12/17 (11)
- These are what we call "cheese straws" in the South, even when not made into - Charley - 11:14am on 09/12/17
- I believe she is looking for something like this Gretchen [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:45am on 09/12/17
- Those are nice. I'd rather slice from a log and bake personally. That is also nice - Charley - 12:31pm on 09/12/17
- elaine, I have one for coins that has cayenne in it. Does that sound familiar? [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:51pm on 09/12/17
- Here you go. Got to the thread by plugging in 48301-48400 to a thread url I knew [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:28pm on 09/12/17
- and here's one I posted a while back for Cheddar Cheese Crackers [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 5:30pm on 09/12/17
- WOW! The Wayback Machine to the rescue. Good sleuthing, PatCal! [NT] - wigs - 11:41am on 09/13/17
- These are good.... Savoury Shortbread - Sylvia - 6:49am on 09/13/17
- Here are two more... - Sylvia - 6:53am on 09/13/17
- First of all so many thanks for all your input. I am going to be in the kitchen from now until - elaine - 2:21pm on 09/13/17
- elaine, I've also had good success using a pizelle (or Krumkake) iron to - MarilynFL - 3:10pm on 09/13/17