Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Almond Chicken Puffs
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29853 at 11:57 am on Sep 13, 2017
Almond Chicken Puffs from GREAT BEGINNINGS, GRAND FINALES by The Junior League of South Bend, Indiana
1 cup flour
1 cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons seasoned salt (This is WAY to much salt, IMHO--I cut it back to 1 tsp. seasoned salt.)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Personal preference...I reduce to 1/8 tsp.)
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes (I use 3 Tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley.)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup margarine (I use 1/2 cup unsalted butter.)
1/2 cup finely diced cooked chicken
2 Tablespoons almonds,chopped
1) Measure and sift flour.
2) In a saucepan over low heat, combine chicken stock, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, celery seed, dried parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce and margarine; bring to a boil.
3) Add flour all at once, stirring until mixture forms a ball and leaves the side of the pan, about 3 minutes.
4) Add eggs, one at a time,beating thoroughly with wooden spoon after each addition.
5) Continue beating until a thick dough is formed.
6) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
7) Stir chicken and almonds into dough.
8) Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
9) Bake 10-15 minutes or until browned.
10) Serve hot.
NOTE: Puffs may be frozen in an airtight container after baking. To thaw and crisp, put frozen puffs on baking sheet and heat at 250 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29853. It's been a long year so far. But finally getting back to cooking. My first big task is supplying - elaine - 9:11am on 09/12/17 (25)
- I have a recipe for sausage meatballs in a chutney sour cream sauce that folks - Charley - 9:18am on 09/12/17
- Sounds good - thanks. While we are not at all observant about food stuff we are - elaine - 11:03am on 09/12/17
- Sorry--didn't realize dietary needs too. How about a salmon spread --it only takes a little - Charley - 11:18am on 09/12/17
- There will be 70 people but there doesn't have to be 70 of everything. - elaine - 1:48pm on 09/12/17
- Oh, no, no reason to do 70, but it gives and idea of the number you are trying to prepare for. - Charley - 6:01pm on 09/12/17
- chicken? or just beef? [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:55am on 09/12/17
- Either. I was kind of thinking of some kind of mini meatballs. I used to have a - elaine - 1:45pm on 09/12/17
- Meatballs in Grape Jelly & Chili Sauce [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 5:32am on 09/13/17
- Oh gosh, I remember making these a looong time ago. They were good. [NT] - orchid - 10:03am on 09/13/17
- Exactly what I wanted to do - have been in 3 supers today and no grape jelly.!!! Sob. [NT] - elaine - 2:16pm on 09/13/17
- I wonder if others can think of a decent substitute (something very sweet)? - deb-in-MI - 3:03pm on 09/13/17
- Have had it with apple jelly in lieu of grape jelly, back in the day when these - Pat-NoCal - 5:34pm on 09/13/17
- I think you could use raspberry preserves or such. Fischer and Weissner makes a delicious - Charley - 11:27am on 09/14/17
- Charley, What kind of chutney do you use or recommend? [NT] - elaine - 2:28pm on 09/13/17
- I make my own peach and/or mango, but there are really easy and quick chutney recipes - Charley - 8:45am on 09/14/17
- REC: Almond Chicken Puffs - wigs - 11:57am on 09/13/17
- REC: Chicken Pastry Slices - wigs - 12:10pm on 09/13/17
- Still looking for another mini meatball recipe!! Or anything else [NT] - elaine - 2:27pm on 09/13/17
- Tuna Mousse - deb-in-MI - 3:05pm on 09/13/17
- This baked beef salami is divine! - deb-in-MI - 3:06pm on 09/13/17
- Are you doing salads? Spicy Soba Noodles with Chicken in Peanut Sauce - deb-in-MI - 3:09pm on 09/13/17
- Sliders? Mini Meatballs? Mini Hotdogs? I have a fun idea... Shoot, can't find it on amazon. - barb_b - 8:25pm on 09/13/17
- If we find them on amazon, I would suggest using them for meatballs and a caprise salad w/ proscitto [NT] - barb_b - 8:26pm on 09/13/17
- Barb, were they the pipettes in the thread at the link? [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:40pm on 09/13/17
- How about these buffalo chicken sliders!! - Charley - 10:06am on 09/15/17