Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Chicken Pastry Slices
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29853 at 12:10 pm on Sep 13, 2017
Chicken Pastry Slices from GREAT BEGINNINGS, GRAND FINALES by The Junior League of South Bend, Indiana
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2-1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup butter
2 cups minced cooked chicken or turkey
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
3 Tablespoons minced celery
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Mix flour, salt and herbs; gradually add to cream cheese mixture.
When dough holds together, form into ball, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate overnight
Saute onion in butter until tender, but not brown.
Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
Allow pastry to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Cut into fourths; work with one portion at a time.
Roll out on floured board to a rectangle, 4x18x1/8 inch.
Place 1/4 of filling in center of strip.
Draw up edges to meet and pinch together to seal. Moisten with a little water to help it hold together.
Transfer filled strip to un-greased baking sheet.
Repeat process with other three portions of dough.
Chill 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Cut rolls into 1-inch slices, separating slices slightly.
Brush lightly with a beaten egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
NOTE: I bake on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29853. It's been a long year so far. But finally getting back to cooking. My first big task is supplying - elaine - 9:11am on 09/12/17 (25)
- I have a recipe for sausage meatballs in a chutney sour cream sauce that folks - Charley - 9:18am on 09/12/17
- Sounds good - thanks. While we are not at all observant about food stuff we are - elaine - 11:03am on 09/12/17
- Sorry--didn't realize dietary needs too. How about a salmon spread --it only takes a little - Charley - 11:18am on 09/12/17
- There will be 70 people but there doesn't have to be 70 of everything. - elaine - 1:48pm on 09/12/17
- Oh, no, no reason to do 70, but it gives and idea of the number you are trying to prepare for. - Charley - 6:01pm on 09/12/17
- chicken? or just beef? [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:55am on 09/12/17
- Either. I was kind of thinking of some kind of mini meatballs. I used to have a - elaine - 1:45pm on 09/12/17
- Meatballs in Grape Jelly & Chili Sauce [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 5:32am on 09/13/17
- Oh gosh, I remember making these a looong time ago. They were good. [NT] - orchid - 10:03am on 09/13/17
- Exactly what I wanted to do - have been in 3 supers today and no grape jelly.!!! Sob. [NT] - elaine - 2:16pm on 09/13/17
- I wonder if others can think of a decent substitute (something very sweet)? - deb-in-MI - 3:03pm on 09/13/17
- Have had it with apple jelly in lieu of grape jelly, back in the day when these - Pat-NoCal - 5:34pm on 09/13/17
- I think you could use raspberry preserves or such. Fischer and Weissner makes a delicious - Charley - 11:27am on 09/14/17
- Charley, What kind of chutney do you use or recommend? [NT] - elaine - 2:28pm on 09/13/17
- I make my own peach and/or mango, but there are really easy and quick chutney recipes - Charley - 8:45am on 09/14/17
- REC: Almond Chicken Puffs - wigs - 11:57am on 09/13/17
- REC: Chicken Pastry Slices - wigs - 12:10pm on 09/13/17
- Still looking for another mini meatball recipe!! Or anything else [NT] - elaine - 2:27pm on 09/13/17
- Tuna Mousse - deb-in-MI - 3:05pm on 09/13/17
- This baked beef salami is divine! - deb-in-MI - 3:06pm on 09/13/17
- Are you doing salads? Spicy Soba Noodles with Chicken in Peanut Sauce - deb-in-MI - 3:09pm on 09/13/17
- Sliders? Mini Meatballs? Mini Hotdogs? I have a fun idea... Shoot, can't find it on amazon. - barb_b - 8:25pm on 09/13/17
- If we find them on amazon, I would suggest using them for meatballs and a caprise salad w/ proscitto [NT] - barb_b - 8:26pm on 09/13/17
- Barb, were they the pipettes in the thread at the link? [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:40pm on 09/13/17
- How about these buffalo chicken sliders!! - Charley - 10:06am on 09/15/17