Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
At Bern's Steak House in Tampa, they used to keep the cake squares and ice cream squares in the
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29875 at 2:49 pm on Sep 22, 2017
freezer. Upon ordering the dessert, the pastry dept would whip up the meringue, coat the stacked cake/ice cream slab and send it downstairs for table-side flaming with booze. I often wondered how difficult the frozen cake/ice cream slab would be to cut through.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29875. Baked Alaskian question. - oli - 12:26pm on 09/20/17 (8)
- The texture of the meringue will suffer. [NT] - LisainLA - 3:42pm on 09/20/17
- Agree. Don't do it if you can avoid it oli [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:47pm on 09/21/17
- I have to figure out the best way to serve it when we are having guests - oli - 7:39pm on 09/21/17
- Yes, that will work.. [NT] - Charley - 7:19am on 09/22/17
- Thanks [NT] - oli - 10:59am on 09/22/17
- Another idea. Deconstructed Baked Alaska - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:57am on 09/22/17
- At Bern's Steak House in Tampa, they used to keep the cake squares and ice cream squares in the - MarilynFL - 2:49pm on 09/22/17
- It might take an electric knife to cut it--serrated blade and all [NT] - Charley - 3:56pm on 09/22/17