Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Barbequed Pork Loin with Peach Chipotle Salsa
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #29882 at 7:25 pm on Sep 27, 2017
4 boneless pork loins (2 per package) I used a package of tenderloins)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (a good one)
Combine all ingredients with pork loins in zip lock bag and marinate 24 hours, turning occasionally.
Peach Chipotle Salsa (or Trader Joe's Apple Cider Jam)
1 9 oz. jar of Earth & vine Provisions Peach Chipotle Jam
3/4 cup diced red and green bell peppers (I used red and gold)
1/4 cup sliced green onion
3/4 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tsp. snipped fresh cilantro, chopped
Mix all ingredients together, set aside for flavors to blend.
I am going to experiment with adding a little chipotle chili powder to the mix.
Grill pork tenderloins , or cook under broiler.
Slice pork and serve with salsa on the side.
Note...I have this recipe marked "excellent" but I do not believe I let it marinate for 24 hours. Fresh lime juice cooks meat and I have not had the best luck with it marinating meats for a long time. Use your best and experienced judgement.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29882. Who else has discovered Trader Joe's Apple Cider Jam? It is delicious! - KarenNoCA - 3:26pm on 09/26/17 (12)
- Me, me, me! Bought an extra, thinking of filling cookies with it! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:52pm on 09/26/17
- Or filling crescent rolls with it and cream cheese! Great on Vanilla Bean ice cream too! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:42pm on 09/26/17
- I have a great tenderloin recipe that uses a peach jam salsa I am going to substitute the apple jam. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:53pm on 09/26/17
- A pork tenderloin recipe with a "jam" I have made is using ginger marmalade. THAT - Charley - 10:27pm on 09/26/17
- Would you post the recipe, Karen? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:36am on 09/27/17
- Yes, I will do it later today. I am away from the house until this afternoon. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 1:49pm on 09/27/17
- Barbequed Pork Loin with Peach Chipotle Salsa - KarenNoCA - 7:25pm on 09/27/17
- Sounds good, thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:04pm on 09/27/17
- I'll look for it, but in the meantime, looked up apple jam to make - Charley - 8:33pm on 09/26/17
- Not a fan :( Good but for $4/jar I'd pick ED Smith - colleenmomof2 - 1:51pm on 09/29/17
- Interesting......I like it because I do not find it "too sweet". Rather, I think more a nice tang - KarenNoCA - 2:46pm on 09/29/17
- I'm glad that I bought 2! Karen, I'm grateful you pointed it out - colleenmomof2 - 1:11pm on 10/01/17