Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's what I researched years ago (2008) regarding shrimp and preservatives.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29894 at 3:42 pm on Oct 1, 2017
Can't guarantee any of it is still valid after almost 10 years.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29894. FRC: Shrimp - heavy iodine (or something) flavor? Please help ;) - colleenmomof2 - 10:35am on 10/01/17 (10)
- Can it be assumed that you deveined them, Colleen? - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:14am on 10/01/17
- No, very clean - colleenmomof2 - 3:17pm on 10/01/17
- Yuk. Ckd the Google - old shrimp, treated with Iodophor, preservatives [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:35pm on 10/01/17
- Here's what I researched years ago (2008) regarding shrimp and preservatives. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:42pm on 10/01/17
- Yikes! I've heard that this happens. Just didn't expect it from our gourmet market [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 7:10am on 10/02/17
- and I ruined a batch of shrimp and grits - very sad panda :( [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 7:11am on 10/02/17
- Maybe this is it--Gulf brown shrimp - Charley - 7:48pm on 10/01/17
- Yes, C, most probably. Old, chemically enhanced, Gulf brown shrimp - colleenmomof2 - 7:07am on 10/02/17
- Take them back!! [NT] - Charley - 7:12am on 10/02/17
- This is why we only buy shrimp at Costco. (not that we have access to a specialty mart - LOL) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:53am on 10/02/17