Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
fake Parmigiano-Reggiano is big biz even at "gourmet" and high end stores
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29901 at 1:55 pm on Oct 6, 2017
I wonder if you did not get some Made in China stuff. they've been caught putting melamine in milk products exported to the US (including baby formula). The reasoning as explained by the WHO:
"Why was melamine added into milk and powdered infant formula
In China, where adulteration has occurred, water has been added to raw milk to increase its volume. As a result of this dilution the milk has a lower protein concentration. Companies using the milk for further production (e.g. of powdered infant formula) normally check the protein level through a test measuring nitrogen content. The addition of melamine increases the nitrogen content of the milk and therefore its apparent protein content. "
Other messages in this thread:
- 29901. Parmigiano-Reggiano Question - GeorgiaRose - 10:47am on 10/06/17 (5)
- Wow, how awful! I've never had the problem and hope I never will. I buy mine at Trader Joes or at - CynUpstateNY - 11:34am on 10/06/17
- I have never experienced that. I buy the Parmigiano Reggiano from Costco. It is the real stuff - KarenNoCA - 12:23pm on 10/06/17
- Just wondering out loud, could it have been residual from cleaning the grating device? - Tess - 1:19pm on 10/06/17
- fake Parmigiano-Reggiano is big biz even at "gourmet" and high end stores - pmassell_93 - 1:55pm on 10/06/17
- I also bought (flinching at the $$) Italian PR at Whole Foods. No longer near a store I - MarilynFL - 9:05am on 10/07/17