Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I also bought (flinching at the $$) Italian PR at Whole Foods. No longer near a store I
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29901 at 1:05 pm on Oct 7, 2017
...now buy the large flaked packages at Publix. One day they had 6 oz wedges priced as 2/$6. I actually thought they had mis-priced the items and left off a "1" in front of the $6.
Bought it anyway and tasted it. Not exactly sure what constitutes "pramesan cheese" but this was far from what I remembered the real stuiff tasting like.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29901. Parmigiano-Reggiano Question - GeorgiaRose - 2:47pm on 10/06/17 (5)
- Wow, how awful! I've never had the problem and hope I never will. I buy mine at Trader Joes or at - CynUpstateNY - 3:34pm on 10/06/17
- I have never experienced that. I buy the Parmigiano Reggiano from Costco. It is the real stuff - KarenNoCA - 4:23pm on 10/06/17
- Just wondering out loud, could it have been residual from cleaning the grating device? - Tess - 5:19pm on 10/06/17
- fake Parmigiano-Reggiano is big biz even at "gourmet" and high end stores - pmassell_93 - 5:55pm on 10/06/17
- I also bought (flinching at the $$) Italian PR at Whole Foods. No longer near a store I - MarilynFL - 1:05pm on 10/07/17