Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
From barb_b - Herbed Pork Tenderloin in a Bgquette
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #29905 at 5:46 pm on Oct 7, 2017
Herbed Pork Tenderloin in a Baguette
Serves 4 - 6
1 pork tenderloin
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 heaping tablespoon Herbes de Provence (We use Taste of Provence)
8 slices of prosciutto
1 good French baguette (not too skinny- about 3 inches in width)
Extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
(String to truss the baguette)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt then sprinkle half of the Taste of Provence all over the pork.
3. Next, wrap 4 slices of prosciutto around the pork.
5. Cut the baguette so it's the same length as the pork. Then cut the baguette lengthwise but not all the way through, scooping out as much of the inside of the bread as you can.
6. Drizzle olive oil inside the bread on both sides and sprinkle with the remaining Taste of Provence.
7. Place the pork inside the loaf and then wrap the remaining slices of prosciutto around the outside of the baguette.
8. Tie with string along the length of the baguette to keep in place and then drizzle more olive oil over the baguette on both sides - be generous.
9. Roast for 40 - 45 mins - turning once to make sure both sides are crispy.
10. Let rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29905. could someone point me to the recipe for pork tenderloin encased in a baguette? I'll trade you a - Janet in NC - 5:25pm on 10/07/17 (12)
- From CathyZ - PORK TENDERLOIN IN A BAGUETTE [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 5:41pm on 10/07/17
- From barb_b - Herbed Pork Tenderloin in a Bgquette [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 5:46pm on 10/07/17
- From Sylvia - Herbed Pork Tenderloin in a Baguette [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 6:00pm on 10/07/17
- From PatNoCal - Pork Roasted the Way the Tuscan Do [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 6:06pm on 10/07/17
- From KarenNoCA - Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Apples in a Sourdough Baguette [NT] [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 6:10pm on 10/07/17
- I've done a simliar recipe using chopped apples, sauteed with onions and herbs - MoNJ - 1:07pm on 10/09/17
- thanks so much. I'll give it a try tonight. [NT] - Janet in NC - 5:59pm on 10/07/17
- A word of warning about the vinegar - judy-mass - 6:40pm on 10/07/17
- I love helpful hints like this. Thanks for the note, judy. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:00pm on 10/07/17
- I had that happen to my dishwasher. I put the vinegar in the - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 10/07/17
- thanks for your tip Judy. I haven't looked at Bosch's website but did look in the instruction - Janet in NC - 7:16pm on 10/08/17
- how exciting to see all of these recipes! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:08pm on 10/08/17