Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Brownies with a layer of caramel inside. I started making it for our work group and it ended up
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29928 at 9:02 am on Oct 20, 2017
being the only thing they wanted after that. At first I made the brownie mix from scratch, but found they like Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Brownies just as well. My own caramel sauce.
Bake half the batch for 20 minutes. Add a thick layer of warmed caramel and dot with remaining brownie batter. Bake another 15 minutes. Edges should be a bit bubbly and turning the caramel thicker.
I'll bet they would keep in the freezer for the holidays. Sorry, but I have't tried that out.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29928. Fun, fun, fun! Give me your ideas for using a Five POUND block of caramel - Melissa Dallas - 7:30pm on 10/19/17 (17)
- Wonderful drizzled on ice cream. And lovely in caramel pecan brownies, [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 10:11pm on 10/19/17
- Brownies with a layer of caramel inside. I started making it for our work group and it ended up [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:02am on 10/20/17
- Ha. Sister/friend we think alike. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:03am on 10/20/17
- We do, we do. Caramel and chocolate...what's not to like. Although...have to say - Pat-NoCal - 10:57am on 10/20/17
- Me too. I got burned out on Ina's which are not cheap by any stretch of imagination. I was - MarilynFL - 1:57pm on 10/20/17
- Turtle brownies are in my future! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:25pm on 10/20/17
- Caramel popcorn. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:40pm on 10/20/17
- Do you melt it & cook to a higher temp before tossing/baking? [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:24pm on 10/20/17
- Cut into squares, dip in dark chocolate for Christmas bonbons. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 9:23am on 10/22/17
- I lop off 14-oz hunks to use in CHOCO-CARAMEL BARS--was originally given this REC by my cousin - wigs - 10:41am on 10/22/17
- I did a caramel apple bar for the kids this weekend. I melted caramel; put in a small crockpot - barb_b - 6:24pm on 10/22/17
- Lucky kids! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 7:37am on 10/23/17
- Thanks for all the yummy ideas all. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 8:44pm on 10/23/17
- Well, maybe you could adapt this recipe for egg yolks cured in bourbon caramel. - Charley - 8:05am on 10/27/17
- Just saw a cute blog where a lady took green grapes, individually pierced with toothpicks - Heather_in_SF - 6:40pm on 11/01/17