Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My sis uses it. She uses the 'clippings' feature almost exclusively which grabs web recipes
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #29904 at 1:24 pm on Oct 24, 2017
From the MacGourmet people (Mariner Software) is this answer:
Q: Is there any way to scan in recipes and import them into MacGourmet?
A: MacGourmet doesn’t have the ability to scan files built into it, but most scanners come with a software bundle that includes something called OCR software. This allows you to scan documents and translate the text in the scan to text you can use. You have to use an external application for this because, well, OCR is significantly more complex than MacGourmet itself. Because of this, scanning is not built into the product.
Once you’ve scanned and used OCR to convert the scan to text, it’s just a matter of opening the text in a text editing app that supports Mac OS X services, like TextEdit, and then using MacGourmet’s web import assistant to clip and import each recipe.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- Excellent article, Mo. I just spent days packing up 2 bookcases full of cookbooks [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:05pm on 10/08/17
- PS: I really REALLY need to find a good recipe software that works with a Mac. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:12pm on 10/08/17
- MacGourmet [NT] - cheezz - 12:04am on 10/09/17
- Cheezz, is this one that you use and most important: do the ingredient amounts scan in correctly? - MarilynFL - 8:48am on 10/09/17
- My sis uses it. She uses the 'clippings' feature almost exclusively which grabs web recipes - cheezz - 1:24pm on 10/24/17
- So I have to rescind my recommendation... - cheezz - 2:37am on 11/14/17
- Love Paprika. I have it on my Mac, iPad and iPhone and it syncs all three - rhoward2va - 9:28am on 10/09/17
- I did the same thing, as we downsized - MoNJ - 9:05am on 10/09/17
- Lemon Pepper Tuna find - CVS Bumble Bee pouch - colleenmomof2 - 9:42am on 10/09/17