Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rib-eye Steak with red wine reduction sauce.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29934 at 9:36 pm on Oct 24, 2017
For the first time, I made Julia's Classic Brown Sauce (Sauce Espangole). It took a while but it wasn't hard!
We bought three large rib-eyes for $54. (Thank God this was a small-plate dinner). Sauteed them, then set aside. Added shallots to the pan, then red wine, then some of the brown sauce, and reduced. Easy peasy!
I roasted halved Brussels sprouts and slivered parsnips to go with this, and made Julia's Pommes Duchesse, very small. The steak was sliced with a few nice slices per person. (The chunkier pieces were for the crew.)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29934. To Colleen, the White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse cake, posted by MoNJ, was perfect! [LINK] - Joe - 8:47pm on 10/24/17 (20)
- Here is the Menu: - Joe - 8:55pm on 10/24/17
- Fried Sage Leaves. All purpose beer batter: - Joe - 9:08pm on 10/24/17
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Lemon Butter [LINK] - Joe - 9:13pm on 10/24/17
- Michael Chiarello's Harvest Focaccia [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 9:15pm on 10/24/17
- Julia Child's Shrimp Bisque, a variation on her lobster bisque from Mastering...Voume II - Joe - 9:17pm on 10/24/17
- Duck Ragout with Homemade Parpardelle [LINK] - Joe - 9:31pm on 10/24/17
- Rib-eye Steak with red wine reduction sauce. - Joe - 9:36pm on 10/24/17
- Julia's Pommes Duchesse - Joe - 9:37pm on 10/24/17
- Wow. That sounds so amazing, and I am sure everything was fabulous! Hope you are staying cool - LisainLA - 11:23pm on 10/24/17
- Yes, I have noticed the food court has really improved! We managed to survive yesterday - Joe - 11:46am on 10/25/17
- Wow Joe, that is some menu! Delicious dinner with friends. What could be better? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 12:19am on 10/25/17
- What a delectable food selection! You certainly outdid yourself. A most impressive menu! [NT] - wigs - 1:36pm on 10/25/17
- Amazing Menu Joe; thanks for sharing! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:22am on 10/25/17
- I'm so glad you liked it. It's very festive for the holidays as well. Make ahead at it's best! - MoNJ - 7:53am on 10/26/17
- I made everything I could possibly make ahead of time! This dinner was crazy - Joe - 11:49am on 10/26/17
- Damned impressed. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:30pm on 11/01/17
- Outstanding news and menu! Thank-you for sharing, Joe! - colleenmomof2 - 9:46am on 11/06/17
- Wow! I would have worked this - Pat-NoCal - 2:12pm on 11/08/17