Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
All of these are tried and true ( and totally delicious)...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29938 at 5:43 pm on Oct 28, 2017
I used to make dark traditional European fruitcakes. There is also a really amazing recipe for Italian Black Fruitcake in the old Gail's Swap that had the fruit, plus strawberry jam, melted chocolate, the kitchen sink, etc. If you're looking for a dark-style fruitcake, I can heartily recommend that one as I used to make it every year about 10-20 years ago until my preference shifted to the white/pound cake style fruitcakes listed here. Happy baking!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29938. Richard in Cinci Fruitcake - sjs1952 - 8:05pm on 10/27/17 (8)
- Is this it? [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 10:27pm on 10/27/17
- Or this one [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 10:26am on 10/28/17
- I think this is it.....Marilyn made this for her neighbors... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:00am on 10/28/17
- sjs1952 definitely it your reply that you printed the recipe off is there..... [NT] - GayR - 11:02am on 10/28/17
- All of these are tried and true ( and totally delicious)... - Richard in Cincy - 5:43pm on 10/28/17
- Thanks to all who responded. - sjs1952 - 6:57pm on 10/30/17
- Very welcome sjs1952 [NT] - GayR - 9:31am on 10/31/17
- Richard - would you post the recipe for the dark Italian fruitcake? - GeorgiaRose - 11:01pm on 11/06/17