Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
All the pressure cookers I have ever used all have had a rubber stopper. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #29942 at 4:48 pm on Nov 2, 2017
to blow out excess pressure should the need be; blows straight up (of course don't be looking at it from over the top when it does).
I thing the think is, ANY pressure cooker, instant pot or old school, is a tool that needs to be watched; ya don't just set it and leave, it is not a crock pot!
And if the new instant pots say that you CAN set it, let it pressurize and leave, well, I would be leery of this. There are a lot of people out there that Murphy's Law was especially written for.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29942. Can we talk about using dried beans, and some outstanding recipes? - KarenNoCA - 2:50pm on 10/30/17 (27)
- I did the crock pot for years - pmassell_93 - 9:18pm on 10/30/17
- Absolutely--PC and now the instant Pot variety. SO easy. So good. [NT] - Charley - 12:11am on 10/31/17
- I am a bit new to using grapeseed oil but I understand it is healthy, - KarenNoCA - 2:21am on 11/01/17
- Dried Beans - sjs1952 - 11:23pm on 10/30/17
- Diana Kennedy's Charro Beans - Melissa Dallas - 12:46am on 10/31/17
- Tex-Mex Beans - Melissa Dallas - 12:52am on 10/31/17
- LOVE my instant pot pressure cooker for beans. [NT] - barb_b - 1:53pm on 10/31/17
- For several years I have watched the slow cooker industry as they made changes - KarenNoCA - 5:42pm on 10/31/17
- What's funny about the instant pot is that Instant Pots are pressure cookers. . . - mistral - 6:06pm on 10/31/17
- Exactly--although I have had a PC for many many years with enough safety - Charley - 6:17pm on 10/31/17
- Things that go bang in the kitchen - Earnie - 1:33pm on 11/02/17
- Oh, double ick. My mother used a PC successfully--the kind your HE teacher - Charley - 4:16pm on 11/02/17
- All the pressure cookers I have ever used all have had a rubber stopper. . . - mistral - 4:48pm on 11/02/17
- Yes, agree about the little rubber gasket. And I don't believe I'd leave an - Charley - 5:33pm on 11/02/17
- We were definitely separated at birth, Earnie. I finally donated my pot to HFH. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:32pm on 11/04/17
- And WHY would anyone choose liver as an introductory dish??? [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:32pm on 11/04/17
- Actually WORSE than live!! Kidney!! What were they doing eating that!! LOL [NT] - Charley - 5:11pm on 11/04/17
- Thanks for the recipes and input, really on a bean roll right now. Its fun! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 1:56pm on 11/01/17
- My favorite "special" bean is flageolet which i use in cassoulet especially. But I - Charley - 11:40am on 11/02/17
- Julia's Crockpot Boston Baked Beans. I make this often. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 1:44am on 11/02/17
- I use small white beans for a Greek salad: small white beans cooked with - Heather_in_SF - 7:26pm on 11/03/17
- So nice to see you, H. Have missed your smile. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:50pm on 11/03/17
- Hiii! - Heather_in_SF - 9:37pm on 11/03/17
- We need a thumbs up button or something like that. Great to see you Heather! [NT] - barb_b - 12:46am on 11/05/17
- Have 3 bags of different dried beans cued up - colleenmomof2 - 2:55pm on 11/06/17