Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Orhid, this is what I would do
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29946 at 8:15 pm on Nov 5, 2017
wrap the roll in bacon, roll in parchment paper, tie with string, poke holes all around with a knife to release juice.
The other thing you can do is to get food-grade mesh and use that but it might be kind of hard to find.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29946. I need help with this recipe please. I want to make it for TD [LINK] - orchid - 11:32am on 11/05/17 (10)
- I think the bacon will stay on fine--it says to overlap it. Have you asked your butcher - Charley - 11:58am on 11/05/17
- I'm just curious Gretchen, where do you think I'd look for it? A shoe store? [NT] - orchid - 10:29am on 11/06/17
- Sorry to offend. I have found our butchers (chain store) willing to give me fat from - Charley - 2:48pm on 11/06/17
- Orhid, this is what I would do - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:15pm on 11/05/17
- That's a great idea Cathy. I wish I could get the caul fat cause I'm sure - orchid - 10:25am on 11/06/17
- It might but if it is already wrapped in bacon there is plenty of flavor. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:50pm on 11/06/17
- Cathy, is what you are suggesting the kind of elasticized web that Pork sirloin is sometimes - Janet in NC - 7:28pm on 11/06/17
- Yes [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:49pm on 11/06/17
- The butcher at my local Kroger market is very cooperative. He gives me random lengths of string... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:29am on 11/08/17
- One of the reviewers couldn't find any caul fat either so this is what she did==> - wigs - 1:42pm on 11/21/17