Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
That's Carolina BBQ! I would make only one suggestion--which is the way
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29949 at 2:45 pm on Nov 6, 2017
it is served here. Don't put the sauce on until you serve it with the bun. Let everyone put their sauce on and put cole slaw or vinegar slaw on the sandwich with the pork.
In re-reading the directions I would suggest NOT covering it with foil. It will cook just fine and you will be rewarded with crispy skin, sometimes known as burnt ends. Chop that up into the pulled pork mixture.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29949. Pulled Pork Butt with Vinegar & Red Slaw - Traca - 1:59pm on 11/06/17 (17)
- That's Carolina BBQ! I would make only one suggestion--which is the way - Charley - 2:45pm on 11/06/17
- OMG, this sounds to die for. Is there a recipe for Granny's slaw? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 10:46am on 11/07/17
- This is a recipe for Lexington slaw, from the BBQ capital of NC. - Charley - 9:54am on 11/08/17
- I don't like slaw with pulled pork so I didn't copy the recipe. Charley's version looks close though [NT] - Traca - 12:48pm on 11/08/17
- I looked at the recipe and the reviews were saying too much sugar, ketchup - KarenNoCA - 1:13pm on 11/08/17
- Traca - question - JudyW - 11:57am on 11/08/17
- In my experience, that's room temp for an hour or in the fridge overnight. I did overnight in the - Traca - 12:47pm on 11/08/17
- I looked on the internet for the slaw recipe, as well and only got references - KarenNoCA - 12:00pm on 11/08/17
- Take a look at the Lexington slaw I posted above. It's the real deal. - Charley - 12:03pm on 11/08/17
- Which book did you get? :) [NT] - Traca - 12:49pm on 11/08/17
- Big Food Big Love: Down-Home Southern Cooking full of Heart from Seattle's Wandering Goose - KarenNoCA - 1:15pm on 11/08/17
- My cooking group covered that book. Menu & notes - Traca - 1:46am on 11/09/17
- What's the tomato pie recipe (just a short version). Our family is all over - Charley - 6:34am on 11/09/17
- Ok, how can one find that recipe for the Granny's Salisbury Red Slaw? - KarenNoCA - 10:38am on 11/09/17
- Oh I do love a slow cooked piece o pork shredded into yummy goodness... - Richard in Cincy - 3:02pm on 11/10/17