Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
The butcher at my local Kroger market is very cooperative. He gives me random lengths of string...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29946 at 2:29 pm on Nov 8, 2017
...for tying up roasts or trussing chickens. He's also given me the mesh that Cathy mentions.
I buy meat there a lot, so he knows me, but I would bet he'd do the same for anyone who asks.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29946. I need help with this recipe please. I want to make it for TD [LINK] - orchid - 4:32pm on 11/05/17 (10)
- I think the bacon will stay on fine--it says to overlap it. Have you asked your butcher - Charley - 4:58pm on 11/05/17
- I'm just curious Gretchen, where do you think I'd look for it? A shoe store? [NT] - orchid - 3:29pm on 11/06/17
- Sorry to offend. I have found our butchers (chain store) willing to give me fat from - Charley - 7:48pm on 11/06/17
- Orhid, this is what I would do - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:15am on 11/06/17
- That's a great idea Cathy. I wish I could get the caul fat cause I'm sure - orchid - 3:25pm on 11/06/17
- It might but if it is already wrapped in bacon there is plenty of flavor. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:50am on 11/07/17
- Cathy, is what you are suggesting the kind of elasticized web that Pork sirloin is sometimes - Janet in NC - 12:28am on 11/07/17
- Yes [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:49am on 11/07/17
- The butcher at my local Kroger market is very cooperative. He gives me random lengths of string... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:29pm on 11/08/17
- One of the reviewers couldn't find any caul fat either so this is what she did==> - wigs - 6:42pm on 11/21/17