Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29957 at 10:31 pm on Nov 12, 2017
The new Jetson fridge with the internet tablet embedded in the door has become the daily joke. While we have internet connection and a USB port to get to wherever it is that we want to go, the actual user interface is somewhat controlled by Samsung, including! <drum roll> the recipe of the day from Allrecipes (except any worth making)!
It has become the joke of the day in this household.
We had many laughs over "The Best [it's always the best] Party Deviled Egg Dip. Uh, hello? Can we say Egg Salad?
But today was the bottom of hell: Bavarian Meatballs.
Hello? Bavaria? Did you know you have a dish called meatballs?
So apparently, if one takes a bag of frozen soy-product meatballs and throws a can of cranberry sauce at it, a bottle of chile sauce, and a can of sauerkraut [WITH JUICES!!!!--I kid you not] at it, the meatballs will become, <presto chango!> Bavarian!!!
There are so many things wrong with this. As any southern German will tell you, sauerkraut is rinsed and soaked several times before it is cooked with its flavorings of assorted fats, herbs, fruits, and vegetables.
But a bottle of chili sauce and a can of cranberry sauce? First of all, Ick!
Who would make this? Why would anyone think anyone would want to make this?
I gag with all of my Bavarian Brüdern at this crime cruelly perpetuated against Bavarian cuisine by infidels who know nothing of Bavarian cuisine!
BTW, Just found out as the result of a DNA test that I'm 86% German (the 14% was my English-German father!), which is more than the average Burger walking around Hamburg or Düsseldorf.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29957. Who Knew? - Richard in Cincy - 10:31pm on 11/12/17 (6)
- It's like you don't know wether to laugh or cry :-D [NT] - EvaN - 2:31am on 11/13/17
- Obviously Jetson Fridges are not programmed for serious cooks - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:43am on 11/13/17
- Personally, I do not want my fridge telling me anything, or keeping a shopping list, or reminding me [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 3:44pm on 11/13/17
- Karen, too have Subs and rave all the time about them - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:46am on 11/14/17
- Meant I too have Subs [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:47am on 11/14/17
- Now we know why it was half-price.... ;) [NT] - MoNJ - 4:25pm on 11/13/17