Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
What's new to me....
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29958 at 5:36 am on Nov 13, 2017
Aunt Barb visited us this weekend and we held a big family dinner at our house in her honor. The menu:
My grandmother's fried chicken (best in the world, forget you pretenders)
Mashed potatoes ( 95-yo Aunt Gee Pronounced them the best ever mashed potatoes--I told her the secret was lots of butter and cream)
Chocolate Malt Cake with Toasted Marshmallow filling---(this cake is to die for)
Grandma's green beans with bacon, ham, and onions, cooked into smithereens.
The rest of the family brought in corn muffins, cauliflower soup,etc.
But this. THIS: One of the cousins brought in a little container of fried chicken from Kroger's and that is what she ate.
I could not believe it. She knew I was making my grandmother's fried chicken.
Everyone went on and on and on and on how amazing it was to have real old-fashioned fried chicken as their grandmothers had done it.
Cousin ate her Kroger fried chicken and would not even taste mine.
I am insulted.
Is there any reason why I should not be?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29958. What's new to me.... - Richard in Cincy - 5:36am on 11/13/17 (15)
- No, you have every reason to be insulted. What the heck was she thinking? - EvaN - 7:26am on 11/13/17
- Unreal! Next family dinner leave her out and invite me! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:25pm on 11/13/17
- Knowing how families are- especially yours- I'd say just roll your eyes and forget it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:49pm on 11/13/17
- I'm with Cathy...more of the good stuff for everyone else! [NT] - cheezz - 8:38am on 11/14/17
- My (unusually wise) 18-year-old gives this reason not to be insulted. - Junebug - 5:54pm on 11/13/17
- Junebug, give her a hug from me. She is wise beyond her years. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:33pm on 11/15/17
- Richard, I offered to bring your Russian potatoes to a group dinner and was told they already have - MarilynFL - 4:34pm on 11/15/17
- Does she exhibit irrational behavior in other areas of her life? Could be a mental issue. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:43pm on 11/13/17
- I was thinking along the lines of maybe she ate the chicken once and became ill - KarenNoCA - 8:31pm on 11/13/17
- Sorry, no excuse not to explain the "take-in," food. - MoNJ - 8:57pm on 11/13/17
- I feel exactly the way you do about this, however, some folks just cannot think well - KarenNoCA - 11:39pm on 11/13/17
- The world gets "curioser and curioser" everyday! - sjs1952 - 9:34pm on 11/13/17
- I can't imagine any scenario where Kroger fc would be preferable to your - LisainLA - 3:49am on 11/15/17
- Can we look at this another way? - Traca - 3:42pm on 11/17/17
- I would be insulted too, and then have to decide if this particular cousin was worth inviting - Joe - 4:57am on 11/18/17