Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No, you have every reason to be insulted. What the heck was she thinking?
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #29958 at 7:26 am on Nov 13, 2017
I mean, I'm allergic to seafood. One of my friends invites a whole bunch of us to a big seafood dinner once a year. Ranther than NOT being invited (it's such a fun crowd), we have agreed that i'll just bring a plate of sushi. Because she invites a lot pof people and she has drinks, salad, coffee and cake afterwards I've decided to not add the additional burden of cooking for me only because she has so much else to think about. At this party, I bring my "own food", but it's something we have agreed on and she know's I'm doing it and it's for allergic reasons. But from there. to just showing up with KFC? It's like bringing McDonalds to a family Christmas dinner. You just don't do that!
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29958. What's new to me.... - Richard in Cincy - 5:36am on 11/13/17 (15)
- No, you have every reason to be insulted. What the heck was she thinking? - EvaN - 7:26am on 11/13/17
- Unreal! Next family dinner leave her out and invite me! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:25pm on 11/13/17
- Knowing how families are- especially yours- I'd say just roll your eyes and forget it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:49pm on 11/13/17
- I'm with Cathy...more of the good stuff for everyone else! [NT] - cheezz - 8:38am on 11/14/17
- My (unusually wise) 18-year-old gives this reason not to be insulted. - Junebug - 5:54pm on 11/13/17
- Junebug, give her a hug from me. She is wise beyond her years. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:33pm on 11/15/17
- Richard, I offered to bring your Russian potatoes to a group dinner and was told they already have - MarilynFL - 4:34pm on 11/15/17
- Does she exhibit irrational behavior in other areas of her life? Could be a mental issue. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:43pm on 11/13/17
- I was thinking along the lines of maybe she ate the chicken once and became ill - KarenNoCA - 8:31pm on 11/13/17
- Sorry, no excuse not to explain the "take-in," food. - MoNJ - 8:57pm on 11/13/17
- I feel exactly the way you do about this, however, some folks just cannot think well - KarenNoCA - 11:39pm on 11/13/17
- The world gets "curioser and curioser" everyday! - sjs1952 - 9:34pm on 11/13/17
- I can't imagine any scenario where Kroger fc would be preferable to your - LisainLA - 3:49am on 11/15/17
- Can we look at this another way? - Traca - 3:42pm on 11/17/17
- I would be insulted too, and then have to decide if this particular cousin was worth inviting - Joe - 4:57am on 11/18/17