Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can we look at this another way?
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #29958 at 3:42 pm on Nov 17, 2017
I know a bunch of people who find being in a social situation tough. I'd rather they come, and do whatever is necessary to make themselves comfortable. If they have food issues--whatever they are, and yes, that includes personal preferences, so what? Bring whatever makes you happy and enjoy the party. The goal is being together, yes?
Of course if I made a meal, I'd love for her to try the food, but if that's not her jam, why not respect her wishes? Insisting on trying it, or making her feel bad about not wanting to indulge? Nah. It's her experience. Who am I to dictate how she wants to show up? I'm much more concerned about making her feel welcome, than what she eats.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 29958. What's new to me.... - Richard in Cincy - 5:36am on 11/13/17 (15)
- No, you have every reason to be insulted. What the heck was she thinking? - EvaN - 7:26am on 11/13/17
- Unreal! Next family dinner leave her out and invite me! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:25pm on 11/13/17
- Knowing how families are- especially yours- I'd say just roll your eyes and forget it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:49pm on 11/13/17
- I'm with Cathy...more of the good stuff for everyone else! [NT] - cheezz - 8:38am on 11/14/17
- My (unusually wise) 18-year-old gives this reason not to be insulted. - Junebug - 5:54pm on 11/13/17
- Junebug, give her a hug from me. She is wise beyond her years. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:33pm on 11/15/17
- Richard, I offered to bring your Russian potatoes to a group dinner and was told they already have - MarilynFL - 4:34pm on 11/15/17
- Does she exhibit irrational behavior in other areas of her life? Could be a mental issue. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:43pm on 11/13/17
- I was thinking along the lines of maybe she ate the chicken once and became ill - KarenNoCA - 8:31pm on 11/13/17
- Sorry, no excuse not to explain the "take-in," food. - MoNJ - 8:57pm on 11/13/17
- I feel exactly the way you do about this, however, some folks just cannot think well - KarenNoCA - 11:39pm on 11/13/17
- The world gets "curioser and curioser" everyday! - sjs1952 - 9:34pm on 11/13/17
- I can't imagine any scenario where Kroger fc would be preferable to your - LisainLA - 3:49am on 11/15/17
- Can we look at this another way? - Traca - 3:42pm on 11/17/17
- I would be insulted too, and then have to decide if this particular cousin was worth inviting - Joe - 4:57am on 11/18/17