Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I would be insulted too, and then have to decide if this particular cousin was worth inviting
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29958 at 4:57 am on Nov 18, 2017
in the future.
If she is included often, I would share with her that you were taken aback, and ask if there was some reason she needed her own food that day. Maybe there is an issue you can resolve.
If it is only when your Aunt Barb visits, and if that is not that often, then include her and take bets on what she will bring next time. You know you are a brilliant cook without her affirmation.
People don't change much, especially if you are related.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29958. What's new to me.... - Richard in Cincy - 5:36am on 11/13/17 (15)
- No, you have every reason to be insulted. What the heck was she thinking? - EvaN - 7:26am on 11/13/17
- Unreal! Next family dinner leave her out and invite me! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:25pm on 11/13/17
- Knowing how families are- especially yours- I'd say just roll your eyes and forget it - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:49pm on 11/13/17
- I'm with Cathy...more of the good stuff for everyone else! [NT] - cheezz - 8:38am on 11/14/17
- My (unusually wise) 18-year-old gives this reason not to be insulted. - Junebug - 5:54pm on 11/13/17
- Junebug, give her a hug from me. She is wise beyond her years. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:33pm on 11/15/17
- Richard, I offered to bring your Russian potatoes to a group dinner and was told they already have - MarilynFL - 4:34pm on 11/15/17
- Does she exhibit irrational behavior in other areas of her life? Could be a mental issue. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:43pm on 11/13/17
- I was thinking along the lines of maybe she ate the chicken once and became ill - KarenNoCA - 8:31pm on 11/13/17
- Sorry, no excuse not to explain the "take-in," food. - MoNJ - 8:57pm on 11/13/17
- I feel exactly the way you do about this, however, some folks just cannot think well - KarenNoCA - 11:39pm on 11/13/17
- The world gets "curioser and curioser" everyday! - sjs1952 - 9:34pm on 11/13/17
- I can't imagine any scenario where Kroger fc would be preferable to your - LisainLA - 3:49am on 11/15/17
- Can we look at this another way? - Traca - 3:42pm on 11/17/17
- I would be insulted too, and then have to decide if this particular cousin was worth inviting - Joe - 4:57am on 11/18/17