Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I'm not usually a cake guy but...
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29939 at 7:00 am on Nov 20, 2017
two good cakes from the Recipe Swap and maybe I'm becoming a cake guy.
it was a really long day and been trying to get to this for a couple of weeks+ now, so I couldn't wait for this to fully cool down. Served it hot. It was a little delicate to cut. Everyone loved it. Surprised me that my kids enjoyed it so much.
I made roasted acorn squash a couple nights ago with brown sugar which was a revelation for me. I'm thinking about trying an alternate on this recipe using acorn squash in place of pumpkin. I also think the nutmeg would have been a good addition. Might even try some cardamom.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29939. From Blog "The Merchant Baker," Recipe for Pumpkin Ricotta Bundt Cake.....this looks wonderful... [LINK] - GayR - 4:38pm on 10/29/17 (12)
- that does look great - pmassell_93 - 7:06pm on 10/29/17
- Paul, If you try it please post your results....thank you.....I know I cannot try it for some time. [NT] - GayR - 7:11pm on 10/29/17
- on the off chance someone is making this tonight like me... - pmassell_93 - 2:05am on 11/20/17
- Hi Paul, I went and checked the original recipe referred to in the post Two Peas and Their Pod and - GayR - 6:16am on 11/20/17
- some pix [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 6:50am on 11/20/17
- flip it [NT] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 6:52am on 11/20/17
- final [NT] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 6:53am on 11/20/17
- I'm not usually a cake guy but... [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 7:00am on 11/20/17
- Paul, Thank you for the photos the cake looks delicious.....so happy - GayR - 1:30pm on 11/20/17
- thank you for the the heads up on the recipe. This is a keeper [NT] - pmassell_93 - 3:14pm on 11/20/17
- Paul, acorn squash may be too watery and stringy. Try butternut squash. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:26pm on 11/20/17
- Nice job, Paul. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:21pm on 11/20/17