Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
One of the reviewers couldn't find any caul fat either so this is what she did==>
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29946 at 1:42 pm on Nov 21, 2017
I mixed shitaki and cremini mushrooms and used Italian chicken sausage. No caul fat was available either, so I substituted cheesecloth soaked in butter. This is a fairly time-consuming recipe, but well worth the effort - everyone enjoyed it immensely.
And a different reviewer wrote:
I loved this treatment of Turkey Breast. I used bacon as Caul Fat was unavailable and it worked just fine. Love the stuffing. I prepared the roll ahead of time and later roasted it...real time saver during the holidays.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29946. I need help with this recipe please. I want to make it for TD [LINK] - orchid - 11:32am on 11/05/17 (10)
- I think the bacon will stay on fine--it says to overlap it. Have you asked your butcher - Charley - 11:58am on 11/05/17
- I'm just curious Gretchen, where do you think I'd look for it? A shoe store? [NT] - orchid - 10:29am on 11/06/17
- Sorry to offend. I have found our butchers (chain store) willing to give me fat from - Charley - 2:48pm on 11/06/17
- Orhid, this is what I would do - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:15pm on 11/05/17
- That's a great idea Cathy. I wish I could get the caul fat cause I'm sure - orchid - 10:25am on 11/06/17
- It might but if it is already wrapped in bacon there is plenty of flavor. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:50pm on 11/06/17
- Cathy, is what you are suggesting the kind of elasticized web that Pork sirloin is sometimes - Janet in NC - 7:28pm on 11/06/17
- Yes [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:49pm on 11/06/17
- The butcher at my local Kroger market is very cooperative. He gives me random lengths of string... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:29am on 11/08/17
- One of the reviewers couldn't find any caul fat either so this is what she did==> - wigs - 1:42pm on 11/21/17