Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
These cheese & scallion scones were a hit on T-Day. From Amy's Bread Bakery in NYC
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29990 at 10:45 am on Nov 26, 2017
from "The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread" by Amy Scherber & Toy Kim Dupree.
Got to love food processor foods:
2 C (minus 2 TBL) (or 270 grams) AP flour
1 C old-fashion oats (90 g)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C + 1 TBL (or 130 grams) unsalted butter, cold or frozen
1.25 C (145 g) feta cheese, crumbled
3/4 C (75 g) scallions, green & white, chopped
2/3 C (40 g) Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1 C (225 g) buttermilk
1 large egg (50 g)
2 TBL (25 g) honey
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line baking pan with parchment.
Pulse dry ingredients for 5 seconds.
Add butter. Pulse 15 seconds (coarse meal with lumps)
Move to bowl and add cheeses and onions.
Whisk liquids and gently stir into dry until just moistened.
Divide dough, flour hands, pat into circles 1.25" thick. Don't compress. Cut into wedges. Makes 12 wedges.
Transfer to baking pan, beat egg with 1 tsp water and brush on top.
Bake in center of oven for 14 minutes. Rotate and bake another 12-14 min.
Best eaten within 2 days:
Marilyn's Notes: I had no oatmeal, but did have basic granola with almonds. Used that.
Cut back on the onions. Used about 4, but only the pale green part, not the dark green.
I patted the entire thing into a rectangle and then popped it in the freezer. After a while, I cut it into 2 inch squares. This meant I had to reduce the baking time. I check with Thermo-pen for 195-200 degrees. Took about 12 minutes, rotation, then 11 minutes.
Added them to bread basket with warm home-made crescent rolls (from CIs) and Sister Schubert's Multi-grain.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29990. These cheese & scallion scones were a hit on T-Day. From Amy's Bread Bakery in NYC - MarilynFL - 10:45am on 11/26/17 (4)
- Yum - thank you Marilyn - deb-in-MI - 6:34am on 11/27/17
- Or Magnolia's Pig Prize Biscuit - bacon, cheddar and scallions [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 9:18am on 11/27/17
- Question about the ingredients - Heather_in_SF - 4:32pm on 11/29/17
- One egg is in the liquid mix AND another is used for the wash. I just used eggwhites for the wash. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:26pm on 11/30/17