Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Update to my earlier post, regarding cooking for other people. My eldest came to visit...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29992 at 1:54 pm on Nov 27, 2017
...us and brought two of his roommates. He also directed 2 friends from Houston and a young couple and their one-year-old daughter from California to stay with us over the holiday. We had others from Boston come eat with us as well.
We cooked barbecued ham, Semmelknödel with roast beef and gravy, pasta, corn salad and several German and Swiss cookies and breads throughout the weekend. It was well-received, especially by his friend from Switzerland.
We had an awesome time and the energy in the house was amazing! The guests were from China, Bolivia, Taiwan, and Puerto Rico, so we had some terrific discussions about their various homelands and traditions, and their reactions to how we do things here in the US. Such a great Wednesday through Sunday, and we were very sad to see them go.
Plus, the little one-year-old liked my cooking!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29992. Update to my earlier post, regarding cooking for other people. My eldest came to visit... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:54pm on 11/27/17 (6)
- What a wonderful story and just imagine the memories you made for your guests. - EvaN - 2:03am on 11/28/17
- My smile for the day! : ) [NT] - barb_b - 11:48am on 11/28/17
- You are truly good people. They are so fortunate to spend time with you. [NT] - Anna_X - 2:41pm on 11/28/17
- That sounds like a fun household of people! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 12:22pm on 11/29/17
- Thank you, ladies, for the kind words. We're nothing special, just very blessed to be surrounded... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:04pm on 11/29/17
- Blessed for sure! Thanks for sharing. [NT] - MoNJ - 7:10pm on 11/30/17