Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
does your friend age the beef before selling it to you?
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29988 at 12:17 pm on Nov 28, 2017
Just curious because years ago I bought a side of freshly slaughtered beef from a neighbor. I was eagerly anticipating the best beef of all time but It was really gamey/grassy and nobody liked it. It took a LONG time to go through it in our freezer. I learned later that all the beef from retail sources is aged before going to market and ours hadn't been. Since I have no knowledge or skill of how to do that, I haven't done this again.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29988. Don't trust Google....... :-D - EvaN - 3:48am on 11/26/17 (13)
- Every time I go to the store, meat cost more. Ground beef for $8? Chicken breasts for $8? - MarilynFL - 10:49am on 11/26/17
- Grind your own. My best purchase this year, other than getting a top of the - Janet in NC - 6:15pm on 11/26/17
- You know, Janet, that's an excellent point. Now that I think of it, the very, very best - MarilynFL - 11:38am on 11/27/17
- I do that... - Richard in Cincy - 8:43pm on 12/01/17
- Do you use all the fat that comes with those meat cuts? Some roasts are very fatty. [NT] - cheezz - 12:27pm on 12/04/17
- Depends on what I'm doing with it. - Richard in Cincy - 6:20pm on 01/12/18
- I just Googled "how much does a half a pig weigh and got this... - KarenNoCA - 1:02pm on 11/26/17
- I think the pigs over here are smaller. I have learned that an average pig is about 200 pounds here. [NT] - EvaN - 1:59am on 11/28/17
- I would totally agree about that but the seller of your pig would have done you a favor - Charley - 11:58am on 11/28/17
- does your friend age the beef before selling it to you? - pmassell_93 - 12:17pm on 11/28/17
- Learn something new every single day. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:38am on 11/29/17
- apparently now the big thing is "gas packing" - pmassell_93 - 11:56am on 11/29/17
- Oh, yes! In my childhood, my dad and a couple of his friends raised a steer and then - Charley - 12:25pm on 11/29/17