Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Crepes heat well nicely in the microwave, and you can make wonderful fillings...
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #29997 at 5:20 pm on Nov 29, 2017
to freeze separately.
I like to make up baggies of chicken, pearl onions, and artichoke hearts (simmered first briefly in chicken broth to make more tender) in a wine/cream sauce.
There are so many variations of fillings and as this is a more retro dish it might inspire the nostalgia of days past for your family member! It reminds me of my mom's fancy dinner parties in the 60s and 70s.
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29997. ISO: Extra-nice dinners to reheat in a microwave - Anna_X - 7:36pm on 11/28/17 (16)
- Beef Bourguignon, noodles, salad and bread. Poached pears for dessert [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 8:06pm on 11/28/17
- BB should be good. Can noodles and pears be frozen, too? [NT] - Anna_X - 9:52pm on 11/28/17
- Braised Country Style Pork Ribs [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:38pm on 11/28/17
- This sounds delicious and I can freeze it all! Thank you! [NT] - Anna_X - 9:53pm on 11/28/17
- Sandra's delicious Chile Verde; Gulf Coast-Style White Rice Pilaf (Arroz Blanco) - Pat-NoCal - 9:44pm on 11/28/17
- Wow, you have suggestions for a whole meal, even dessert! Will the torte freeze? [NT] - Anna_X - 9:54pm on 11/28/17
- I've not done so but don't see why the torte wouldn't freeze well. [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:16pm on 11/28/17
- Enchiladas and individual lasagne portions freeze and reheat well. May - Pat-NoCal - 12:20am on 11/29/17
- Using the microwave can be hard on food if done at full power, but nukers now - Charley - 1:07pm on 11/29/17
- Crepes heat well nicely in the microwave, and you can make wonderful fillings... - Heather_in_SF - 5:20pm on 11/29/17
- Are you driving? Bring a crockpot. What makes a meal special for me is the scent. - Traca - 8:29pm on 11/29/17
- Julia Child's French Onion Soup [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:25pm on 11/30/17
- Purchase an Instant Pot! Lots of stories about people that use them in campers, motels, etc. - barb_b - 12:11am on 12/01/17
- Thank you, everyone! Going to test #2 and #3 this weekend. <3 [NT] - Anna_X - 6:11am on 12/01/17
- While thinking about BBQ ribs, pulled pork or BBQ beef are delicious served over - Charley - 12:44pm on 12/01/17
- Yes, l love pulled pork. Made it recently and have some in the freezer. [NT] - Anna_X - 12:52am on 12/06/17