Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Savory oatmeal? Who knew it could be that good!
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29999 at 1:32 pm on Nov 30, 2017
Right before leaving Florida a small shop opened at the beach that served acai bowls. How fortuitous because I had been wondering what they were. I had a delicious bowl with Hawaiian fruits but the server said they also serve oatmeal bowls for breakfast. I went back the next day and had the Caprese Bowl: steel-cut oats and quinoa blended with fresh parmesan, cherry tomatoes, avocado, basil olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper.
Holy cow, was that good! You can order the bowls with 100% oats or quinoa or half & half. I went with the half/half mixture. They had lots of sweet versions, all of which I've made myself, but the savory idea just never occured to me. So easy to make at home, especially since I make my oats in the crock pot and precook the quinoa. All it takes is heating the goods and adding the toppings.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29999. Savory oatmeal? Who knew it could be that good! - MarilynFL - 1:32pm on 11/30/17 (5)
- I love these golden oats and variations, thanks for the reminder! [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 7:07pm on 11/30/17
- This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Savory yogurts too. Not a "sweet in the a.m. gal [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 9:56pm on 11/30/17
- I forgot to mention that they layer the good stuff. So just when you think..oh, okay, it's just... - MarilynFL - 9:21am on 12/01/17
- Those sound really yummy. - Richard in Cincy - 8:31pm on 12/01/17
- Thanks for this tip - I can't believe it never occured to me. Sounds terrific! [NT] - LisainLA - 10:08pm on 12/01/17