Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
fixed encoding version
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29998 at 9:40 pm on Nov 30, 2017
These are my favorites - soooo good! (Probably better to start out with more rum and raisins than called for, because you'll need to keep checking to see if the raisins are done soaking ...hic!) ;O)
These are melt-in-your-mouth shortbreads studded with “spirited” raisins.
½ c raisins
¼ c dark rum
1 c butter
½ c sifted icing sugar
2 c all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
In small saucepan, combine raisins and rum. Bring to boil, remove from heat and let stand for about 1 hour; drain.
Cream together butter and sugar. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Press into ball. If dough is soft, chill until firm enough to roll.
Roll out to ¼” thickness on lightly floured board. Cut with round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 325°F oven for about 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Makes about 36.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29998. Help! I shared this recipe a while ago and can't find my copy at home, but look at what happened to [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 4:58pm on 11/29/17 (11)
- I replied to it with the fixed version but here it is - pmassell_93 - 5:04pm on 11/29/17
- Oh Paul, thank you SO much! My mom called frantically as she couldn't find the recipe - Heather_in_SF - 5:10pm on 11/29/17
- This sounds like it would be great for Easter. Sounds refreshing and light. Thanks for reposting [NT] - barb_b - 11:59pm on 11/30/17
- Here's a cookie REC where the ingred. amounts went wonky. Paul, can U help on this one, too? TIA! [LINK] - wigs - 8:55pm on 11/30/17
- fixed encoding version - pmassell_93 - 9:40pm on 11/30/17
- Here's a temporary fix anyone should be able to do.. - GeorgiaRose - 2:59pm on 12/01/17
- depends which browser you are using - pmassell_93 - 5:26pm on 12/01/17
- Paul, my DH is in the software biz and you two sing the same tune on Microsoft. :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:51am on 12/02/17
- Thx so much for your directions, GeorgiaRose. They worked for me! [NT] - wigs - 6:49pm on 12/01/17
- Thank you so very much! - wigs - 6:43pm on 12/01/17
- I guess we'll need to start making a list - pmassell_93 - 9:44pm on 11/30/17