Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's a temporary fix anyone should be able to do..
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Posted to Thread #29998 at 2:59 pm on Dec 1, 2017
If you open a recipe that is not displaying correctly, try the following:
Right-click on the page.
Click on "Encoding" from the right-click menu that displays.
Click on "Western European (Windows)" to select from the choices available.
This should refresh the page and the characters should now be readable.
This is not a permanent fix, but it should work each time you encounter this issue.
If anything can go well, it will!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29998. Help! I shared this recipe a while ago and can't find my copy at home, but look at what happened to [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 4:58pm on 11/29/17 (11)
- I replied to it with the fixed version but here it is - pmassell_93 - 5:04pm on 11/29/17
- Oh Paul, thank you SO much! My mom called frantically as she couldn't find the recipe - Heather_in_SF - 5:10pm on 11/29/17
- This sounds like it would be great for Easter. Sounds refreshing and light. Thanks for reposting [NT] - barb_b - 11:59pm on 11/30/17
- Here's a cookie REC where the ingred. amounts went wonky. Paul, can U help on this one, too? TIA! [LINK] - wigs - 8:55pm on 11/30/17
- fixed encoding version - pmassell_93 - 9:40pm on 11/30/17
- Here's a temporary fix anyone should be able to do.. - GeorgiaRose - 2:59pm on 12/01/17
- depends which browser you are using - pmassell_93 - 5:26pm on 12/01/17
- Paul, my DH is in the software biz and you two sing the same tune on Microsoft. :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:51am on 12/02/17
- Thx so much for your directions, GeorgiaRose. They worked for me! [NT] - wigs - 6:49pm on 12/01/17
- Thank you so very much! - wigs - 6:43pm on 12/01/17
- I guess we'll need to start making a list - pmassell_93 - 9:44pm on 11/30/17