Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I am one of these dinosaur outliers that do NOT process jams and jellies--
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #30002 at 7:08 pm on Dec 1, 2017
the heat and sugar content is plenty for preserving.
I also LOVE to make chutneys and mine has much more vinegar and sugar than this--AND i water process my chutneys.
This has very little acid at all. I would definitely either refrigerate or freeze it. Refrigeration should be fine, IMO.
Other messages in this thread:
- 30002. Is cranberry chutney acid enough to water bath can? [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 5:34pm on 12/01/17 (5)
- Sorry, no one "really" knows unless. . . - mistral - 6:12pm on 12/01/17
- It is very, very good [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 6:38pm on 12/01/17
- I am one of these dinosaur outliers that do NOT process jams and jellies-- - Charley - 7:08pm on 12/01/17
- I agree with the refrigeration. . . but... - mistral - 3:41pm on 12/03/17
- And I respect you as a certified jam maker. What I really said in the reply - Charley - 5:32pm on 12/03/17