Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Those sound really yummy.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29999 at 1:31 am on Dec 2, 2017
I'm not a sweet breakfast person at all, give me eggs, pork and starch.
However, since I can't eat that every morning, I have been making my oats savory for years: to my cooked oats I add a raw egg, stir it up (it cooks into creamy wonderfulness in the hot oatmeal), then sprinkle grated cheese on top to melt in. Crumbled bacon makes a nice addition.
I'll have to experiment more now with your addins!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29999. Savory oatmeal? Who knew it could be that good! - MarilynFL - 6:32pm on 11/30/17 (5)
- I love these golden oats and variations, thanks for the reminder! [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 12:07am on 12/01/17
- This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Savory yogurts too. Not a "sweet in the a.m. gal [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:56am on 12/01/17
- I forgot to mention that they layer the good stuff. So just when you think..oh, okay, it's just... - MarilynFL - 2:21pm on 12/01/17
- Those sound really yummy. - Richard in Cincy - 1:31am on 12/02/17
- Thanks for this tip - I can't believe it never occured to me. Sounds terrific! [NT] - LisainLA - 3:08am on 12/02/17