Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I agree with the refrigeration. . . but...
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #30002 at 8:41 pm on Dec 3, 2017
I gotta tell people what the USDA/Calif. MFP rules say. Food Safety, always.
Yes, jams are preserved by 4 things: the acidity in a fruit, sugar (controls the availability of the water, cooking and the last method is by processing in a boiling water bath to seal. I recommend storing anything not processed, in the fridge though! ;-)
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 30002. Is cranberry chutney acid enough to water bath can? [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 10:34pm on 12/01/17 (5)
- Sorry, no one "really" knows unless. . . - mistral - 11:12pm on 12/01/17
- It is very, very good [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:38pm on 12/01/17
- I am one of these dinosaur outliers that do NOT process jams and jellies-- - Charley - 12:08am on 12/02/17
- I agree with the refrigeration. . . but... - mistral - 8:41pm on 12/03/17
- And I respect you as a certified jam maker. What I really said in the reply - Charley - 10:32pm on 12/03/17